Tuesday, July 7, 2015

We have a basement, folks!

Wow... it's been a while.  Finally, some serious activity is going on.

Ryan Homes broke ground on June 3.  They've been moving at a great pace since.  Rain has put a damper on things but I'm still pleased with the progress and what can you do about rain, right?

I didn't realize how big a ranch is.  It takes up a lot of space and I couldn't visualize it.  Worried that my kids wouldn't have a backyard to play in, I talked with my oldest, who is 7.  She looked at me funny when I told her my concern and said, "Uh, Mom, we have a forest!"  Love her.

The basement walls have been poured and the framing has been delivered.  I wish they covered it, but around here, they don't.

We sold our house in 30 days and had 30 days to move.  During our moving time, we had a Disney vacation.  We got out and are in an apartment.  It's old but we had a hard time finding a place to stay and a place for 5 (code won't let 5 stay in a 2 bedroom).  I searched in a 30 mile radius.  I can't believe how many people rent!  My kids think it's the coolest place.  I'm playing along but will tell them one day how run down it was.  As long as we are together, that's all that matters.

Here are pictures of our Winterbrook.  Enjoy.











No comments:

Post a Comment